An attractive, solidly built bookcase can be a welcome addition to an office, study, den, library or family room. We offer well over 150 handcrafted solid wood Amish bookcases featuring the perennially popular Shaker and Mission furniture styles. Choose from a wide range of fashionable and functional pieces such as the Barrister Bookcase, Traditional Cabinet, Executive Bookcase, Corner Bookcase Unit, Village Library Bookcase and many more.
Classic Amish Furniture That's Made to Order
You'll never find "cookie-cutter" furniture at AmishOutletStore.com. You'll be able to customize your bookcase to your liking by choosing from elegant, durable hardwoods such as oak, maple, quarter-sawn white oak and rustic cherry, as well as from numerous aesthetically appealing wood stains. Our location in the heart of Ohio Amish country gives us easy access to talented Amish furniture makers who will construct an heirloom-quality bookcase that is sure to remain in your family for many generations.
Finding the Right Amish Bookshelf for Your Needs
We sell a wide selection of Amish bookcases, from solid oak shelving units to oak bookshelves with doors. All these choices may feel overwhelming if you aren’t sure what you want from a bookshelf. Ask yourself these questions to help narrow down your choices:
- Will your new Amish bookshelf go in a formal or informal room? If you want a real-wood bookshelf for your bedroom, you can get something more casual, such as the L.A. Bookcase in Oak. If you want something more elaborate, though, a solid wood bookshelf such as the Fluted Column Bookcase in Oak may be a better fit.
- Do you want a signature piece to build around? If so, find solid wood bookshelves with personality, such as the Lanita Bookcase Stand in Oak or Grant Bookcase in Oak, which have unique looks to draw the eye.
- How many books do you have? If you’re a book pack rat, then you may want to consider a collection of solid wood bookcases that can be placed around a room to display your library. Try the Amish Double Bookcases in Oak collection of bookcases, ranging in size from 48” to 84”.
Matching Your Real Wood Bookshelves to Your Other Décor
You’ve chosen your new solid oak bookshelves, and you’re excited to bring them home — but you worry about them fitting in with the décor in the room they’re being added to, whether it’s the living room or your bedroom. Here are a few tips to help them fit in:
- Organize your books by color on your Amish bookshelf. A neat and orderly bookcase can help bring the rest of a room together. Resist the urge to toss your books on the shelves willy-nilly and instead give some thought to your system. Start with brightly colored books at the top to draw the eye to your solid oak bookshelf.
- Use your real wood bookshelf for more than books. Many people restrict themselves to displaying just books on their bookcases — a real mistake. Instead, include fun elements such as knickknacks and family pictures on your shelves in addition to your books to add fun variety to your décor.
- Use oak bookcases with doors to shut away unsightly clutter. You can make your room more appealing by getting rid of clutter. Pack away loose items on the lower shelves of a wood bookcase with doors to keep clutter corralled.
A Place for All of Your Books
Our all-wood bookcases are made with big libraries in mind. We employ special techniques to make your new bookshelves as sturdy as possible. You don’t need to worry about the shelves buckling under the weight of your books. As part of our commitment to high quality, we make our bookshelves durable so you can pile on your books and other heavier items without worry.
Which Bookcase Works Best for a Small Room?
We hear from many people who have small rooms and want a bookcase to help organize their collections. Here are a few smaller bookcases that will work in a small room:
- The Amish Corner Display in Oak tucks nicely out of the way.
- The narrow Bellamy Bookcase and Lateral File in Oak is only 36” wide.
- The 73” Landmark Mission Bookcase in Oak takes up vertical but not horizontal space.
You'll Enjoy Our Great Prices and Unbeatable Customer Service
We offer our customers many ways to save money on handmade Amish furniture. Order any bookcase from our collection today and get up to 33% off the retail price. Save even more by taking advantage of our large order discount. Our friendly customer service representatives will be happy to help you maximize your discount options, as well as assist you with customization, ordering, shipping or anything else you need!
Take a few minutes to explore our entire collection of handsome solid wood Amish bookcases. You'll be glad you did!